Dry Eye. Simplified.
A Normal Part of Aging
Although anyone can develop dry eye,
it becomes more common
You Have Options
Our non-surgical dry eye treatments
allow us to optimize and refine
A Trusted Procedure
Radio Frequency is a safe,
treatment with no downtime
Vision Improvement Program™
WHAT IS DRY EYE?
Dry eye disease is a condition that occurs when your eyes do not have appropriate lubrication. Your tears may become inadequate for several reasons, the most common being an inability to produce enough tears or the production of poor-quality tears.
Dry eye can not only cause irritation but can also affect the sharpness of your vision, especially after lens surgery. Inflammation of and around the oil-producing meibomian glands is a leading cause of this frustrating condition.
Did you know that there is a great non-surgical option that targets eyelid inflammation? Radiofrequency is a quick, in-office treatment that can improve dry eyes as well as quality of vision with premium intraocular lenses (IOLs). We recommend radiofrequency for dry eye patients receiving premium implants who have been diagnosed with eyelid inflammation.
WHAT IS FORMA-I?
FORMA-I is an innovative non-surgical procedure that delivers bipolar radiofrequency (RF) technology to the delicate subdermal layers of your eyelids.
HOW DOES FORMA-I WORK?
Forma-I feels like a warm, gentle massage of the eyelid area, which improves blood circulation. The small applicator size and precision RF depth control allow for safe treatment of small, delicate areas.
HEAT AND RADIOFREQUENCY (RF) FOR DRY EYE WITH FORMA-I:
- Opens clogged meibomian glands to allow increased oil onto the eye.
- Generates heat that stimulates new collagen formation.
- Collagen formation produces aesthetic benefits including reduced fine lines and wrinkles, and tightened skin.
- Brings white blood cells and stem cells to the eyelids skin to reduce inflammation.
- All skin types are candidates for Forma-I.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
- While Forma-I is an excellent treatment to improve dry eye symptoms, it is not a cure.
- A treatment series of 4 sessions is recommended separated by 2-3 weeks to provide the maximum benefit.
- Treatments should be performed twice per year to help prevent regrowth of blood vessels and maintain effective tear production.
- Artificial tears and other treatments will still be required to keep dry eye symptoms at bay.
Patients undergoing premium lens procedures deserve the sharpest vision possible without glasses, and this can only be achieved if the eyes have the smoothest surface possible. Dry eyes cause a loss of smoothness, leading to fluctuating vision, especially at near. At SightTrust Eye Institute we offer two amazing technologies to treat a major source of dry eyes by reducing the amount of swelling on or below the surface of the eyelids: Forma-I RF and Lumecca-I IPL (Intense Pulsed Light),
Forma-I RF and Lumecca-I IPL treat eyelid inflammation and other causes of meibomian dysfunction at the source, helping to boost dry eye control both before and after lens surgery. These treatments are offered as part of SightTrust Eye Institute’s Vision Improvement Program™ (VIP).
Whether you suffer from dry eyes or are planning on having permanent vision correction surgery at SightTrust, the VIP plan can significantly improve your results.
For patients who qualify, we recommend a series of lid treatments with either or both Lumecca-I and Forma-I. Treatment effects typically last about 6 months.
If you have been diagnosed with meibomian gland dysfunction, blepharitis, or rosacea and would like to take advantage of this amazing technology, please contact our office at 954-653-0100. For more information on Lumecca-I, please click here.